Firefighters cleaned up a hydrochloric acid spill Thursday evening in northeast Denver.
#DenverFireDepartment & @DDPHE are beginning remaining cleanup of the 250 gallons of spilled hydrochloric acid. Early 9-1-1 notification lowered publicity to the general public & eradicated any attainable accidents. No updates to comply with. @CityofDenver @MurphyRobinson3 @DenSafetyDept @DHParamedics pic.twitter.com/FUKg39bguk
— Denver Fireplace Dept. (@Denver_Fire) October 9, 2020
Denver fireplace crews rescue an occupant from a burning dwelling
Fireplace destroys gazebo close to Jefferson County courthouse in Golden
Three-alarm fireplace breaks out in Denver apartment complicated
The 250-gallon spill occurred at 4940 Jackson St., C D Chemical substances Options Inc., based on the hearth division.
Neighboring buildings within the industrial space have been evacuated as members of the hazardous supplies workforce wore protecting gear to scrub up the spill. Early 911 notification of the spill helped responders and minimized the possibility of public publicity, the hearth division stated.
There have been no reported accidents. The incident is beneath investigation.